Tuesday 17 October 2017

In which I cannot count

There's only one thing wrong with the post what I wrote a couple of days ago.

There's actually nine games not seven.

Some consequences, most things are designed for sevens, which has meant some rearrangements of the jump tables. I have two of these because of the way JQID works ; basically it changes the LSB of the PCTR according to ROM memory, there is then a dispatching table which goes to do each games code. So a bit of rearrangement.

I also made Space Invaders into the worlds hardest. They now have that zig zaggy movement so well known by arcade fans, but it's a little bit fast so I'll have to slow it down a bit, well a lot .... I haven't uploaded it yet as it is unplayably fast, it gets to the bottom in 3-4 seconds.

I'm not actually short of CPU power in this project, I think it spends 80% of its time in IT (wait for timeout), what I am short of is memory. Nine games is a lot for 2k.

No comments:

Post a Comment