Saturday 9 September 2017

Introduction.

This is my Retrochallenge for October 2017 ; to try and recreate a version of the Atari Cosmos. The picture is of a dismantled ones.

There is not a great deal of information available about this console to put it mildly, and there isn't likely to be anything like a ROM Dump, because there are something like 5 of them in the world, only 2 of which have actual electronic bits in them.

The going rate on eBay was something like £20,000 ..... so I can't see anyone handing over a COP444 so Sean or Kevtris can decap it. If I'm lucky I might get a high res scan of the main board (I have a highish res scan of the bit around the MCU which is quite useful)

It comes from the LED games era - the screen resolution is 7 across by 6 down, the unusual feature of this machine is that it had a holographic display which was superimposed on the LEDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment